The Contento Platform and APIs follow Semantic Versioning.
This means whenever we release a major version there may be some changes that are not backward compatible. Minor and patch releases will always be backward compatible. If you are an existing customer we will notify you well in advance of any major release.
- Released the first part of our new Library area called My Library. Here you can manage global Content Types that are then available for you to re-use across sites.
- Fixed an issue with fetching favicons from domains.
- Added a new find and replace action on the content list. Select some records, then choose "Actions" and "Find & replace".
- Added the option to select all records in the currently filtered view on the content list. This then applies to all actions.
- Started adding toast alerts for success and error states in response to various actions.
- Fixed an issue where the paginator page selector pop-over wouldn’t dismiss after choosing a page.
- Forced all assets to not have spaces in filenames.
- Duplicating objects now changes the owner to the current user.
- Fixed a bug where adding a new field group to a content type caused some unexpected behaviour with existing fields.
- Added the option to copy a block from one page or field to another.
- Enabled markdown rendering in field help text.
- Fixed an issue where new field groups would disappear when they were dragged in the content type editor.
- Fixed an issue where values in list fields weren’t having their changes persisted.
- Fixed an issue where help text and other top level settings weren’t being kept when creating a new field and switching type.
- Added in the new Live Preview version of the Visual Preview. This allows editors to see their changes in realtime without having to update the content first.
- Made the demo options clearer on first sign up.
- Added link to demo repo in admin area sidebar.
- Fixed an issue where the SEO module would appear on content that is not a page.
- Fixed some issues with certain text in dark mode.
- Fixed a regression where emails weren’t being sent out.
- Added an option to deploy our first demo site after signing up for a fresh account.
- Added a link in the sidebar to view usages of an asset.
- Improved the Visual Preview UI.
- Fixed an issue where site errors weren’t visible in the Visual Preview pane.
- Brought the Visual Preview inline with the latest SDK release.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes freshly created content wasn’t being linked properly to its site until after it was saved.
- Made certain search filters mutually exclusive e.g. status and object type.
- Added Visual Preview - see your changes instantly before publishing. Works with draft or published content.
- Fixed an issue where in some scenarios content records could get caught in a sync loop.
- Added more site settings for the upcoming visual preview feature.
- When editing content, the breadcrumb now links back to a filtered list for the content type you are on.
- Improved the form when adding a new site.
- If you land on
/content, but don’t have any content types the action button now opens the relevant dialog instead of loading another page.
- Turned off autocomplete on all inputs.
- Improved the register and login forms somewhat.
- First time users now get a welcome message and the "add new site" dialog is automatically opened.
- Added a link to the register page from the login page.
- We now send a welcome email on registration.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t register via SSO without an invitation.
- Fixed an issue where users with the developer or admin role couldn’t change someone else’s role unless they owned the team.
- Fixed an issue where the URI field appeared on non-page content type edit screens.
- Added better filtering and sorting to the Content and Assets search.
- Improved and sped up how we sync content objects with other content and content types.
- Tidied up a bunch of things around the interface.
- Fixed an issue in the audit log that caused an infinite loop.
- Fixed an issue where some content type changes weren’t getting synced to existing content.
- Improved the handling of content type syncing for large objects.
- Tightened up the slug validation so editors are more aware of when its failing.
- Various visual improvements around the interface.
- Added search capability to Content, Assets, Teams and Sites - currently this is rather beta and we will improve it in time.
- Added an audit log in the background to track changes across Contento. At the moment this isn’t accessible through the interface so if you would like a report of your site then please get in touch and we’ll email you one.
- Fixed an issue where dialog content was wrongly centered.
- Added in the ability manage your API keys yourself. Check it out in Account > API Keys.
- Various layout improvements around the interface.
- Added in the option to expand the full content object in content links fields, leaving it not expanded will help reduce the API payload you get back. This setting defaults to not expanded, in which case you get a reference string.
- Added the ability to manage open graph meta data from the SEO module.
- Added a basic billing portal - right now we don’t enforce plans, but one day soon we will.
- Fixed an issue where when uploading new files the grid or table didn’t update.
We’re aware that there is a gap in the changelog here, which is when we were less disciplined in our process of keeping track of what we changed. Since then we’ve documented every material change here and will continue to do so!
Initial public release 🎉